Monday, June 19, 2006

Salim Nourallah


I recently discovered a very talented musician living in Texas named Salim Nourallah. His sound is along the Beatles line, and I am addicted! Salim was recently awarded Song of the Year, Best Producer, and Best Album in the 2006 Dallas Observer Music Awards. I have had A Way To Your Heart on repeat for a few weeks now. He has a new alum, Pleasentry Lane, coming soon and will be touring in Germany in September. Check out his very cooll website for lots of photos, lyrics and news!

(Image from Salim Nourallah)

2 comments:

Funky Finds said...

Ok, how is it that I live right by freaking Dallas & haven't heard of this guy? ;) LOL Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm always totally out of the loop w/music though.

Funky Finds said...

Ok, I finally listened to this & I'm diggin' it. His sounds reminds me a lot of Wilco. Too bad you won't be here on July 1st...we could go see him in Dallas @ the Granada (an old theater that is now home to concerts - very cool). Do you like Pete Yorn? I'm going to see him next Tues @ the Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas. A very cool intimate venue. I can't wait - I haven't been to a concert in ages!