Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rachel Denny

I have just discovered an amazing artist named Rachel Denny! Each of her pieces is organic and natural. On her site she talks about being "seduced by materials and the process of making an object out of an idea." Wise words that I completely agree with! It is the adrenaline rush that comes from having a vision and seeing it through to fruition that makes being an artist so extraordinary! Her statements on humanity and our social regard for nature are heartfelt and emotional.

I would love to have a huge wall covered in these Wallflowers! Each one is life size and cast with the hardware in it, so it just screws directly into the wall! They are unexpected and divine! I am so glad to have encountered her work!! I hope you will click over to her website and see more of it!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: